This is an analysis of the poem Getting Set that begins with:
WHEN morning brings the end of sleep
I say, 'This is my toughest day ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcdcd efefghgX hihiicic
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 11010101 11101101 11011111 01110101 11010111 11111001 01010101 11110101 11010101 11010101 10111101 10010101 10110101 11110101 11110101 1111110011 01010101 11010101 11110111 11100101 10110111 01010101 01110101 01010101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 283
- Average number of words per stanza: 57
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Getting Set;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.