This is an analysis of the poem Good Luck And Bad that begins with:
GOOD Luck is like a down hill tide
That helps to make an easy start, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab cdcd efef cdcd ghghXbbbb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 01010111 11011101 11110111 01110101 11011001 11100101 01110111 11110101 11011111 01010101 11011111 11010101 11111111 01010011 01010101 010010111 01110101 10110111 01010101 11110111 10110101 11010101 11110101 01010101
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 143
- Average number of words per stanza: 28
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; you, and, to are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word the is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Good Luck And Bad;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.