This is an analysis of the poem Ballade Of The Gamefish that begins with:
WHERE the puddle is shallow, the weakfish stay
To drift along with the current's flow ; ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab bcbX aXab bcbX abab bcbX bcbX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 10100100101 010100101 010110111 0010101111 0010100111 110110111 1011110101 100100110 1010100101 11010101 10100111 110111101 0011111101 1111100111 1011100101 100100110 1011100101 1100100101 011011111 101110111 110101101 1110110111 0011110111 100100110 100100101 011100101 110110111 100100110
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 171
- Average number of words per stanza: 32
- Amount of lines: 28
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Ballade Of The Gamefish;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.