This is an analysis of the poem Dulce Domum that begins with:
AN OLD LATIN ODE.
SUNG ANNUALLY BY THE WlNCHESTER BOYS UPON... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abb ccdd e ffaa gghh F geee F iijj F aaee F bbff XF
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,4,1,4,4,1,4,1,4,1,4,1,4,2,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11101 110001010101 10101001001010010101010 1010111 1010101 1010101 1010101 10 1111111 1111101 1010111 1010101 1010111 1010001 1110101 1010101 101111 1110101 1010101 1010101 10101001 101111 1000101 1011101 1001101 1011101 101111 11110101 1100111 1110101 1110101 101111 1011101 1111101 1010101 1010101 101111
- Amount of stanzas: 14
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 84
- Average number of words per stanza: 15
- Amount of lines: 44
- Average number of symbols per line: 26 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Dulce Domum;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.