This is an analysis of the poem Sonnet To Twilight that begins with:
Meek Twilight! soften the declining day,
And bring the hour my pensive spirit loves;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcdcdebebdd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: Shakespearean sonnet
- Metre: 1111000101 11010110101 11001010101 1101010101 1101010101 10010100001 1111010111 1101000101 10010001010 1101000101 110011010010 1101010101 1111010101 1101110001
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 599
- Average number of words per stanza: 108
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; her is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Sonnet To Twilight;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.