This is an analysis of the poem A Song that begins with:
No riches from his scanty store... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: a bcd X Xebc X fdfXe X caca a egeg a hihi
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,3,1,4,1,5,1,4,1,4,1,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1 11000101 110101 110101 1 11110101 010111 1101001001101 111101 1 01010101 110101 11111111 110 110111 1 01010101 011101 11011101 011101 1 11010101 111101 01000101 011111 1 01010101 110101 011100111 010011
- Amount of stanzas: 12
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 61
- Average number of words per stanza: 12
- Amount of lines: 35
- Average number of symbols per line: 20 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A Song;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.