This is an analysis of the poem The Angel Of Pain that begins with:
Angel of Pain, I think thy face
Will be, in all the heavenly place,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbccddbbaaeeaaeeaabb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 22,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10011111 000101001 01011111 01010111 110101110 1101100010 11010101 11010101 11111101 01111001 11011101 11001001 11110101 101000101 11010111 01010110 11010011 11011101 11011111 010110001 10111101 11110111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 779
- Average number of words per stanza: 136
- Amount of lines: 22
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; face, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words the, and are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Angel Of Pain;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.