This is an analysis of the poem Poppies On The Wheat that begins with:
Along Ancona's hills the shimmering heat,
A tropic tide of air with ebb and flow ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbaabXbaccacaa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 15,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: rondeau
- Metre: 01100101001 0101010111 1101010111 1101011111 0101010111 11010010011 0101 010111 1111110101 1001111101 1111011101 0101011101 1111111101 11010100101 1101110001
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 639
- Average number of words per stanza: 118
- Amount of lines: 15
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Poppies On The Wheat;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.