This is an analysis of the poem God's Light-Houses that begins with:
1 When night falls on the earth, the sea
2 From east to west lies twinkling bright... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab cada aece bfdf bcdc Xgeg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111110101 1010111001 101010101 111010101 101011101 111001101 101011100 101110111 111110101 111010101 111110011 111011111 111011101 101010011 101010101 111010101 111110101 101110101 101110111 101000101 111111111 111110001 101011101 111010100
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 167
- Average number of words per stanza: 30
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 41 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of God's Light-Houses;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.