This is an analysis of the poem Dichterliebe that begins with:
So hungry-sensitive that he
craves day and night the pap of praise,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXcac dXbddX bdXXdb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11010011 11110101 11011101 01010101 01010110 10010101 11010101 01010011 11111110 11010101 01111111 11110111 11011101 11010101 11111101 01100101 10110100 11011101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 212
- Average number of words per stanza: 39
- Amount of lines: 18
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; no is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word i'll is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Dichterliebe;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.