This is an analysis of the poem Critic's Nightwatch that begins with:
Once more he tried, before he slept,
to rule his ranks of words. They broke...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abaccb dedaae fcfXXc cccaXc aaagga ahacch cgXiig jdjXXd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11110111 01010111 00110101011 11111101 10001101 10110001 01011111 01110101 11010101 01110111 10010101 10010011 100101001 101001110 1110101 110101000 11110110 010111110 110111010 010010101 111111110 11010101 101111010 11010101 110101010 1011101 101100010 101111 10010101 010010001 11110111 001101111 010011111 01111111 00110111 01011111 01010001 01011111 110101010 0101010010 110110010 011110101 11010101 011010100 01010101 10111101 11010111 11011111
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 220
- Average number of words per stanza: 38
- Amount of lines: 48
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; their, he, and are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Critic's Nightwatch;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.