This is an analysis of the poem We Needs Must Be Divided In The Tomb that begins with:
We needs must be divided in the tomb,
For I would die among the hills of Spain, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbaabba cXcdcd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,6,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 1110010001 1111010101 11001010101 0101000101 1111001111 1011010101 1100010101 01011101001 1101011111 11110101100 1011110001 1111110101 1101001101 1100110101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 365
- Average number of words per stanza: 54
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 51 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of We Needs Must Be Divided In The Tomb;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.