This is an analysis of the poem Slowly The Black Earth Gains that begins with:
Slowly the black earth gains upon the yellow,
And the caked hill-side is ribbed soft with furrows. ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXa Xbba XXba
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10011101010 10111011010 11010111110 10110 10110101110 10010011010 010101001111 10110 10001111111 10010101010 11010011010 10010
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 168
- Average number of words per stanza: 30
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 41 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Slowly The Black Earth Gains;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.