This is an analysis of the poem Cape Cod that begins with:
The low sandy beach and the thin scrub pine,
The wide reach of bay and the long sky line,— ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aab ccb ddd eed ffa Xcca
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,3,3,3,3,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0110110111 0110110111 111111 011100111 10111101001 100011 01011111 1011110111 100111 010110111 1010110111 110101 0111110101 0110110101 100101 101011101011 1011011101 100101
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 119
- Average number of words per stanza: 23
- Amount of lines: 23
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The speaker asks many questions. Perhaps, he or she is in confusion.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Cape Cod;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.