This is an analysis of the poem Decima that begins with:
Silent daisies out of reach,
Maidens of the starry grass, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbaaXcbbc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1010101 1000101 1011111 0011111 1110101 1000101 10111001 1000101 11000111 1010101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 295
- Average number of words per stanza: 51
- Amount of lines: 10
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Decima;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by George Santayana
- Analysis of Sonnet Xliii
- Analysis of As In The Midst Of Battle There Is Room
- Analysis of There May Be Chaos Still Around The World