This is an analysis of the poem Internal Harmony that begins with:
Assured of worthiness we do not dread
Competitors; we rather give them hail... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbaabbacdeced
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 0101001111 0100110101 1100011111 1011110101 1101110101 1110011111 1101010111 1101111101 1111010101 1001110101 1101010101 0100110111 1101010111 1111010001
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 587
- Average number of words per stanza: 112
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 41 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; we, i are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Internal Harmony;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.