This is an analysis of the poem His Wines, Feasts And Funs that begins with:
His wines, feasts and funs are forgotten,
His sword and his armour are left,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXaX bbbX cccd ccdX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 011111010 01101011 110010010 0100101 00110101 01101001 11011001 10101111 01110010 11101101 11111010 01011111 111011111 00110111 101110110 00101011
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 145
- Average number of words per stanza: 26
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; his, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word his is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of His Wines, Feasts And Funs;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.