This is an analysis of the poem God Will Doom You that begins with:
God will doom you, for sure,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: X abab cdXd cXeX fgfg eXfX eheh
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1 101111 01111 101001 010101 1011110 111101 1110110 110101 10111010 011111 1101010 01101110 011101 11101 1101111 011101 110101 10101110 101111 11011 010111 1100101 11101 010111
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 100
- Average number of words per stanza: 18
- Amount of lines: 25
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; you is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of God Will Doom You;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.