This is an analysis of the poem The Invincible Armada that begins with:
She comes, she comes--the burden of the deeps!
Beneath her wails the universal sea!...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XababcXbddeeee aaaXffgegeefhhefccecXaac gigieejjiXif
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,24,12,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1111010001 0101010101 0101101111 1001010101 0101010101 1111101101 110101100000 101001110011 01011111 11000101 0100101 1001010101 01010111 111111110101 011001 11010001 01110101 11110100 1011001101 1101010001 1011011101 11100100010 0101111001 11010101010 0101010011 11010010001 11100111010 11110101010 1111011101 010101 1111110111 1111110111 01010101010 01110100001 1101011110 1101010111 1111110101 101101 110100101 1101010111 1111010101 1010111011101 01110101 0111010101 0111010101 1111010001 1001010101 1101010011000 100101 10010101001
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 719
- Average number of words per stanza: 123
- Amount of lines: 50
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; she, and, thy are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words and, what, behold, the are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Invincible Armada;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.