This is an analysis of the poem To Mystics that begins with:
That is the only true secret, which in the presence of all men
Lies, and surrounds thee for ay, but which is witnessed by none....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 2,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1001011010010011 11011111101011
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 133
- Average number of words per stanza: 25
- Amount of lines: 2
- Average number of symbols per line: 66 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 13
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of To Mystics;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Friedrich Schiller
- Analysis of The German Art
- Analysis of The Fight With The Dragon
- Analysis of Germany And Her Princes