This is an analysis of the poem So Shines A Good Deed In A Naughty World that begins with:
There was a man in our town, and he
was wondrous rich; ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXbXcdeX efcfXbgX ahbhdcaX ceeXgXg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,7,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110101111 1101 110101000100 11 1101110111 0101 01110111010 0010 11010101110 101 01011101100 101 11011101010 111 11010100011 1100 11010111111 11 01000100111 101 110110001011 101 0111010111 100000 110101111001 1 01010100110101 11101010101 11011 11101011111110 11
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 244
- Average number of words per stanza: 45
- Amount of lines: 31
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of So Shines A Good Deed In A Naughty World;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.