This is an analysis of the poem On The Flight Of Time that begins with:
Horace: Book I, Ode 2
"Tu ne quæsieris, scire nefas, quem, mihi, quem tibi"...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: X X X abXb Xcac XdXXd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,1,1,4,4,5,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 101111 10111001101101100 1100 1110000010 1101101010 1110010011 1001001011 100111011010 1001001101 10010110010 1101011001 00010011010 1111101011 11010010000 1101011 111
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 103
- Average number of words per stanza: 18
- Amount of lines: 17
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of On The Flight Of Time;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.