This is an analysis of the poem The Staying Up All Night that begins with:
The warm fire.
The comfortable chairs.... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaaXbccdcaXbeXXeeXdXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 21,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0110 010001 010010 0101 01010 001 01110111 010111001 01101 011011 01100 0101 01101101 0101 01010 010101 0101101101 01010111 0101 0101 010110010
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 521
- Average number of words per stanza: 94
- Amount of lines: 21
- Average number of symbols per line: 24 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Staying Up All Night;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.