This is an analysis of the poem On A Play Twice Seen that begins with:
HERE in the figured dark I watch once more;
There with the curtain rolls a year away, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbaabba cdecde
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,6,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 1001011111 1001010101 0100111101 0111010101 1100011111 1101011111 1011011011 1110110101 1011001101 1101110001 1011111011 1101111111 1111010101 1101110001
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 308
- Average number of words per stanza: 56
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of On A Play Twice Seen;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.