This is an analysis of the poem When Autumn Came that begins with:
This is the way that autumn came to the trees:
it stripped them down to the skin, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcacXd aeddX XabbXbe
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,5,7,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 00011101001 0101001 111001010 011110101 1001001 1001100101 10110101001 011101 011011 1111001 110001 1001010101 1101110 111010 0010011010 111110101 111010101 1111
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 157
- Average number of words per stanza: 29
- Amount of lines: 18
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of When Autumn Came;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.