This is an analysis of the poem Do Not Ask, My Love..... that begins with:
Do not ask, my love, for the love we had before:
You existed, I told myself, so all existence shone, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXabccdebfXbcfddeba
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 19,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 111111011101 10101111110101 1111101111 0111001011 011111011 11111111010 110111110101 01110101101 10011001 0111010100 10011101110 10110101110 10001101 10001010 1101011111 1101111111 01010110011 1100101 11011111011
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 839
- Average number of words per stanza: 153
- Amount of lines: 19
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines do is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Do Not Ask, My Love.....;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.