This is an analysis of the poem Ghazal that begins with:
I am being accused of loving you, that is all
It is not an insult, but a praise, that is all...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aa Xa Xa aa Xa Xa Xa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 2,2,2,2,2,2,2,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 1110010101101 001101101101 110110100010 111011111101 111110100101 111010011101 110111101101 010100101101101 0010101010011 001011101101 010111110101 110001000101101 01011110010 01001001001101
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 100
- Average number of words per stanza: 21
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 50 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 11
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; that, all, of are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word in is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines all is repeated).
The poet repeated the same word all at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Ghazal;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.