This is an analysis of the poem The Incarceration Of Loneliness that begins with:
On the far horizon waved some flicker of light
My heart, a city of suffering, awoke in a state of dream...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: AXbc cA AbXX AaXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,2,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with trochaic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 101010111001 1101001000100101 111010110 01010001000101010 0011011111101 10001000010100001 101010111001 100100100110 1111110100101 11010010001001 10001000010100001 10101001010101010 0010100111101 0010001010100111
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 189
- Average number of words per stanza: 35
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 53 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 10
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, some are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words my, to are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Incarceration Of Loneliness;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.