This is an analysis of the poem The Fault Of It that begins with:
Some may have blamed us that we cease to speak
Of things we spoke of in our verses early,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcadccXedeb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 12,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1111111101 01110011010 1001010111 1011010111 0101110111 1011011101 01011101 010101000 111101 0101110011 1111010111 11110011110
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 498
- Average number of words per stanza: 101
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 41 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; this, us are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words saying, of are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines much is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Fault Of It;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.