This is an analysis of the poem Ts'Ai Chi'H that begins with:
The petals fall in the fountain,
the orange-coloured rose-leaves, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01010010 0101011 1101001
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 100
- Average number of words per stanza: 17
- Amount of lines: 3
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Ts'Ai Chi'H;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Ezra Pound
- Analysis of A Villonaud: Ballad Of The Gibbet
- Analysis of Portrait D'Une Femme
- Analysis of Villanelle: The Psychological Hour