This is an analysis of the poem Sestina: Altaforte that begins with:
Loquitur: En Bertrans de Born.
Dante Alighieri put this man in hell for that he was a ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXXXbaXa b cdefaf X fcadfe X Effcda X aefdcf b facefd b dffaeX X aEX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,1,6,1,6,1,6,1,6,1,6,1,6,1,3,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10011001 1010001010111110 10101 100 11 1111101 010101010010000010 11000010101010 1 101101111 110011011010 111111011 111110101110010 1011010110 11111110010 1 0110111010 101010111 1010011110 1011011110 10111011010 1110101111 1 1111101011 1011010010010 11011010 1011011011 011111110 111110110 1 11101011110 111011011 1011110010 111110110 1111111011 0111110010 1 0111111010 1111111010 101100101001 101111011 10101111010 1111010110 1 10100010 1111011010 111010010 1111111010 11101110011 1111101111000 1 110100011010 1111101011 111111011000
- Amount of stanzas: 15
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 141
- Average number of words per stanza: 26
- Amount of lines: 54
- Average number of symbols per line: 38 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, swords are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words the, and, hell are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Sestina: Altaforte;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.