This is an analysis of the poem Presence Of Eternity that begins with:
The stone grows old.
Eternity is not for stones.... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXXXXaXXaX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0111 01000111 1111100101011 10101000 11011011111100 1000101 1101101111 1111111101011 1111 001101000100
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 383
- Average number of words per stanza: 73
- Amount of lines: 10
- Average number of symbols per line: 37 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; this, and are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Presence Of Eternity;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.