This is an analysis of the poem The Bacchante To Her Babe that begins with:
COME, sprite, and dance! The sun is up, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XabaccBddb eEFFXghXhg bbiIjj kkEegghhgggcckkEe bbeebddlmmljXnnkkXeEFFiIbBmm
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,10,6,17,28,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10 11110101 01110101 11010101 11111 1111 111 110101010 11111010 101 11010101 11011101 11010101 01110011 11101101 1101 1111010100 1010 101010100 0111 11111111 01000101 01010 1010 01110101 010110101 11011101 11111101 111101 11011101 11011101 0111 01110 01110 11100101 01010111 11110111 0011 0101 11111101 01001101 111101 1101 11011101 01010101 11110 1110 1011111 111101010 1010 1010101 01010001 11010101 01110101 0111 10110 01111111 1111 11110111 11110001 11010101 11011101 11010101 01110011 11010 1010 1110101 111 110111001 11110111
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 345
- Average number of words per stanza: 67
- Amount of lines: 70
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, like, long, to are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words a, the, with are repeated.
The author used the same word so at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines him, with, it are repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Bacchante To Her Babe;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.