This is an analysis of the poem The Great Man that begins with:
CANNOT always feel his greatness.
Sometimes he walks beside me, step by step, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXbbcdeacde cbXXbaXffb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 11,10,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10111010 0111011111 11010001 010101 1111110011 1100 11110101110010 0101010001 110101 11 1101 11000111 0011010 011101010 1111111101 11001111 110001 11010 11101101111 110101 0101011101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 351
- Average number of words per stanza: 65
- Amount of lines: 21
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines ways is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of The Great Man;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.