This is an analysis of the poem On The Avenue that begins with:
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaBcXd EacXXffabg Baeed EeegafXa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,10,5,8,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1 11 1101 011 01110101 011 11 0101100 101001 010110 1011 001 01001 11100 101 0100 1101 01010 01010 0110101 111011 11 11110 110101 100011011 101 11 11
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 96
- Average number of words per stanza: 18
- Amount of lines: 28
- Average number of symbols per line: 16 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 3
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; as is repeated.
The author used the same word god at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines tree is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of On The Avenue;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.