This is an analysis of the poem Letter To Myselves that begins with:
You can be hurt
because you want too much;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: AbcdcXcX Abcaa Abcccd XXXXadXdd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,5,6,9,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1101 011111 0101101 11101 0101101 10101 0101101 1001 1101 011111 011111110 11 11011 1101 011111 011111010 11 11011 110111 1111 011011 1111 010100 1111 010101 11 110111
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 126
- Average number of words per stanza: 25
- Amount of lines: 27
- Average number of symbols per line: 23 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; in is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words because, you are repeated.
The author used the same word you at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Letter To Myselves;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.