This is an analysis of the poem The Guardian Of The Red Disk that begins with:
Spoken by a Citizen of Malta-1300.
A curious title held in high repute,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: X abXcaXdXefXXdadcfcgddXah fdfiachaabe degdfbXXfXfXddfi
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,24,11,16,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 10101000101 01001010101 1011010101 11110101010 1011010111 0111010111 110101001000 1101011001 11110100100 10010101001 01110010101 11110011100 1101100001010 1111010111 01010100110 1111010111 1111110001 1010111011 10011110101 10010101001 1101010111 0011111111 01110101110 1111110001 0001011101 0101110101 1101011101 0101011101 11001001101 1111100101 010010101110 1101110101 1111011101 1010110111 01001111111 01010100001 11111011010 1111010101 11011000101 0111111111 1011110101 0101000111 1101111111 1100010111 11010101011 10011111000 11011101001 1101011111 1101110101 1011010101 1101110111 1001111101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 578
- Average number of words per stanza: 101
- Amount of lines: 53
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; their is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word their is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Guardian Of The Red Disk;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.