This is an analysis of the poem The Feast Of Lights that begins with:
Kindle the taper like the steadfast star
Ablaze on evening's forehead o'er the earth,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababAcdC ececfcfc gcgchfhX ijijfhfh gcXcheheXghghAcdC
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,17,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1001010111 01110101001 1111010101 1111010111 110010101 1011010111 110100101110 0101010111 0101010111 1101010101 1011010101 110101001001 0111010101 0111011101 11110011101 0101011101 110101001 011011100 10010100101 10010110101 10010100101 100100101001 1001110101 1101010100 1111010101 1101110101 1101010101 1011010101 0101010111 1101011101 1111010011 1101110101 101111101101 1101110101 11010101100 1111010101 1011000101 11010110001 1101010101 1011001101 11010101001 0101010101 1011011111 11010100001 110010101 1011010111 110100101110 0101010111
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 359
- Average number of words per stanza: 63
- Amount of lines: 48
- Average number of symbols per line: 44 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, where are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word where is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Feast Of Lights;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.