This is an analysis of the poem Forskjønnelsen that begins with:
Der var mere i mit Hjerte
End sædvanlig, kan jeg tro;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXX XXXXX XXaXa XbXXX abXXX aXaXX XXaXa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,5,5,5,5,5,5,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11111111 110111 111110 10110 1 11101000 111111 11111 11111 1 11110110 1110101 10111110 1111 1 1101110 1011100 11101000 1001111 1 1110110 11111 10011 1010101 1 1111000 1110110 111101110 111111111100 1 1110110 1010111 10100010 0110111
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 116
- Average number of words per stanza: 22
- Amount of lines: 34
- Average number of symbols per line: 23 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; var, jeg are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Forskjønnelsen;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.