This is an analysis of the poem Fortvivlelse that begins with:
Du er Gudinden som hun svæver
I sine gyldne Himles Ly,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXa XXXX XXXX bXbX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 00100111 111101 110001100 111111 101111 1101011 1110110 110110 11010101 100101 1010101 11110100 1111110 1111011 11101110 110111
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 118
- Average number of words per stanza: 24
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; min is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Fortvivlelse;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.