This is an analysis of the poem Fortabelse that begins with:
Min Sjæl er heed af Længslens Tørst,
Mit Bryst er tomt for Glæde....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXXXX aXXXXaX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,7,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with trochaic tetrameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 1101111 11110111 1111011 11111 11110001 10101100 1110110 11111101 11111 110010 110111 11111100 11111101 111010
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 210
- Average number of words per stanza: 45
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; den is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Fortabelse;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.