This is an analysis of the poem Three And One that begins with:
Sometimes she seems so helpless and mild,
So full of sweet unreason and so weak, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbaabba cddccddc effeeffe
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 011111011 1101100111 1101010111 1111011101 1011010001 1101110101 1101011101 1101010101 0111110111 11001110101 1101010101 11010100101 1111110111 0011111101 1111110101 0101011101 0110111101 11010101010 101100001010 01011101001 1101001101 11000101010 11001101010 1101010111
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 357
- Average number of words per stanza: 64
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 44 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; so, and, now, her, my, of, in are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words so, and are repeated.
The author used the same word sometimes at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Three And One;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.