This is an analysis of the poem Dell And I that begins with:
In a mansion grand, just over the way,
Lives bonny, beautiful Dell;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcacaba dedefgfgbchg dbdbcicibaXi dedeahahbahX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,12,12,12,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0010111001 1101001 111100101 1100101 110011100 1101101 11010111 110111 1111111100111 111110 11100101 111011 1110011101 011101 11001111 0101011 1110100101 10111001 1111111101111 1111 1 01 111001001 0100111 10100101 1100111 1101001001 110111 110100011 011111 1111110101111 11 1 0111 10011111 101111 10100101 1100101 10100111 10010001 10100100101 111101 111101111101111 1111111 1
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 351
- Average number of words per stanza: 71
- Amount of lines: 49
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The author used the same word dell at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Dell And I;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.