This is an analysis of the poem False that begins with:
False! Good God, I am dreaming!
No, no, it never can be-... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcdcd efefghgi chchXbjb akakdfdf lkXkhihi kekelmlmjnjncocokcXdcd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,8,22,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1011110 1101010 11111010 1101111 11111110 0101111 01010010 111101 11111010 1101111 0110111010 101000001 1010110010 0010101 111010010 1100111 11101110 1100101 111000110 111011011 111010110 11101111 111011010 10101111 111111010 1100111 000101010 10101011 11011110 0111101 11111010 11010011 110111110 11101101 1010110100 1110101 1101011 1100101 11101011 1110011 111010111 1011111 110111111 101101 111111110 111111 1010011010 01101001 11111110 1100101 11010010 111111 1111110 11111011 011111010 11101001 101110 010 0101111 110111010 1100101
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 279
- Average number of words per stanza: 57
- Amount of lines: 66
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; my, of, i, and, in, you are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words you, and are repeated.
The literary device anadiplosis is detected in two or more neighboring lines. The words/phrases true, wife connect the lines.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of False;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.