This is an analysis of the poem Good-By To The Cradle that begins with:
GOOD-BY to the cradle, the dear wooden cradle,
The rude hand of Progress has thrust it aside: ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcbdbebafdfebebagdgcgdg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 24,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 010010011010 01101111001 1100101011010 11101001001 111010011010 11101011011 110110010110 01001001001 010010011010 01001101001 111010110110 11101001011 111010110010 11001011001 111110110110 11001001001 010010011010 01001111011 111010010110 01101111101 110010111010 11001101001 110110111010 01101001001
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1168
- Average number of words per stanza: 210
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 48 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; how is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word how is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Good-By To The Cradle;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.