This is an analysis of the poem The Faerie Queene: Book I, Canto I that begins with:
THE FIRST BOOKE OF THE FAERIE QUEENE
Contayning... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXXaXaabXbb X cdXdXbdbb X XeXeeXeXXX ececXdcdd X
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 13,1,9,1,10,9,1,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 0110011 100 01000100 1110100000 1101111001 1101010101 1110011001 1101011101 1101110101 1101010101 1111010110 010110011 1101101110111 1 1111010101 1101001010 1110110101 00110111101 011110100 1111010111 1101110111 111101011 111111110111 1 1111010101 110110111 1101110011 110010010001 1111010101 1011011011 1110110101 0111010010 1001010110110 1 10011101001 100111001 1100010111 1101010111 11110001101 1111110111 01011100101 0100010101 010110110101 101
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 260
- Average number of words per stanza: 44
- Amount of lines: 45
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, that, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word the is repeated.
The author used the same word and at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Faerie Queene: Book I, Canto I;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.