This is an analysis of the poem Amoretti Lxxiv: Most Happy Letters that begins with:
Most happy letters, fram'd by skilful trade,
With which that happy name was first design'd:... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaaaababbabacc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 1101011101 0111011101 0111110111 0101010101 0111001111 0101011101 0100110111 1101110011 0111111100 1111010111 0101110100 0101110001 1110001101 1111001011
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 594
- Average number of words per stanza: 110
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; happy, my are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Amoretti Lxxiv: Most Happy Letters;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.