This is an analysis of the poem Amoretti Lxviii: Most Glorious Lord Of Life that begins with:
Most glorious Lord of life, that on this day,
Didst make thy triumph over death and sin:... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababbabXXbabcc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 11001011101 1111010111 11010011101 0100110101 0101110101 1111111101 1001111101 1111000100 1111110100 1111110101 1111111111 0111010101 1111111111 1001010111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 637
- Average number of words per stanza: 112
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 45 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; love is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Amoretti Lxviii: Most Glorious Lord Of Life;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.