This is an analysis of the poem Yes that begins with:
According to Culture Shock:
A Guide to Customs and Etiquette ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcdeeefeghXiXcjXiahakXXXkXibbkeXdfghXdXXhXcabajc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 49,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 0100101 010101100 01010111011 11101100100 0111 10111 100011 1111111100000001 110101111 110100010 0101101010 1011010 111011 0101001111010101 111100100111 1111001001010 1111111011 111111111 001001101001 11111110 111101011 11111111 1001111111 11111111011 1111110 010101101011 1000010001001010100 0010001111001 011010101111 1011111100101 1110010101010 110101110111 001110110101001000 110100010 01010100110111 010110011 00110010 1111011001 110111010 111100100 11111101001 01010110100 10010101010100 1101010 1111011101 0101011111 111110011 11001100010100010 111101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 2019
- Average number of words per stanza: 387
- Amount of lines: 49
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i, him, ', you, to, me are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines ' is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Yes;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.