This is an analysis of the poem Ai that begins with:
There is a chimp named Ai who can count to five.
There's a poet named Ai whose selected poems Vice...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XabXcdefeaXadXgXfhXeeeihidXagXXXabecbiebXcfee
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 45,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10011111101 1010111010101 110100101 0110011 1101011010101 11010110010010 0110101110 11111111 0110010111110 11110110101 01110101011 1101100100010010 010110111010 101110101010100011 11010100110 1101011101 11010111111 0011111101 0110101011 01011101001010 11001011101111010 111101110110 101110110 110010100101101 0010101010101 011010011010 111100101 110001 0010111011 0010001110 10010001010 111001101 010101011100 1010110001 1101101010 1010010011 1110111110001 111101010 0110010010110 01011011 101000100100101100 11011111000101 10010100010 11011101011101110 11011011010010
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 2050
- Average number of words per stanza: 401
- Amount of lines: 45
- Average number of symbols per line: 45 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i, year, of, to are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word i is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Ai;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Denise Duhamel
- Analysis of The Threat
- Analysis of June
- Analysis of On Being Born The Same Exact Day Of The Same Exact Year As Boy George